One of the first jobs of any Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) is to commission an Energy Master Plan for their given area.
The functions of this document are to:
- Quantify the current energy status of the local community as a baseline of electrical, thermal and transport energy demand.
- Identify any existing renewable energy sources within the community.
- Create a Register of Opportunities (ROO) – a list of potential projects for energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Select suitable projects for the first three years of your community. Set energy reduction targets against the baseline figures.
- Allow periodic updating of the SEC energy status in order to track progress against your targets.
- Document a live record of your community’s energy status and achievements. It will evolve to form the foundation for other applications and projects.
It’s important to note that the EMP and the accompanying ROO are ‘living documents’ and are intended to be updated as progress is made towards achieving the goals set out within them.
Our EMP was officially launched at an event in the Industrial Manufacturing Research facility in Mullingar on the 28th of June 2023 and can be read in the viewer below or downloaded for offline reading. We hope you find it informative.
Register of Opportunities
Probably easier to see this document if you download it! If you think you might be able to identify opportunities we’ve missed so far, or if you think you’d like to join us at Mullingar SEC to help make some of these ideas a reality, please email us!