Mullingar Chamber Awards 2023 – how did we do?

We were obviously delighted to be nominated in the 2023 Mullingar Chamber Awards 2023, especially given our relative ‘youth’ as an organisation. We knew, too, that we were up against strong competition in the ‘Excellence in Sustainability & Climate Action’ category, given that the other nominees shortlisted were The Refill Mill, Mullingar Tidy Towns, & […]

An award for MSEC?

Our efforts to help de-carbonise Mullingar and make it a more energy-efficient community have been recognised, in the form of a nomination for a national award! We’ve been listed as finalists in the 2023 SEAI Energy Awards, in the ‘Inspirational Sustainable Energy Community’ category. While none of us got into this to win prizes, and […]

GoFundMe campaign launched.

Today (28th July 2023) we launched a fundraising campaign via GoFundMe. In the short term, any funds raised will go towards paying for a Feasibility Study for a proposed Solar Farm (5MW max output), commissioned from an established engineering firm. This will be 80% funded by LEADER but we need to cover the remaining 20%. […]

MSEC makes Front Page news!

Mullingar SEC are very grateful to The Westmeath Examiner for their coverage of the launch of our Energy Master Plan. Written by Eilis Ryan & featuring a photo of our own Dr. Isabella Donnelly, it’s a great piece, in our humble opinion. You should head out this minute and pick up a copy! Inside this […]

Energy Master Plan Launch

The Launch event for our Energy Master Plan (EMP)is almost upon us! Authored by PlanEnergy & Sponsored by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), this document and the accompanying Register of Opportunities will become part of the toolkit for our activities as an SEC in the years to come. Among other things, it contains […]